Hair Transplant Thessaloniki
TECHNIQUE OF SURGERY WITH IT WAS:
After patient preparation, local anesthesia is performed.
The doctor carefully selects and receives the hair follicles one by one from scattered areas of the donor area..
The doctor after careful planning creates the sockets of the hair follicles in the recipient area, in which the hair follicles will be transplanted). The holes are small so as not to disturb the microcirculation and perspiration of the recipient area, thus ensuring the necessary conditions for the emergence of nutrition, and growth of new hair.
The installation stage (implantation) of hair follicles is technically the most demanding of the process. The hair follicles are implanted in the sockets of the recipient area along with the cohesive tissue that surrounds them.: those containing a hair are placed along the frontal line (hairline) – forming recesses and protrusions just like in natural protrusion-while hair follicles with 2, 3 the 4 bristles cover the area of thinning as we move inward.
- Linear scars do not form in the donor area
- Healing time in the donor area is minimized
- There is no restriction for intense physical exercise after the operation
- It can also be applied to young people who have very tight skin on the scalp (reduced elasticity)
- Allows you to take hair follicles with thinner hairs from the neck area to restore hair growth on the frontal line or eyebrows
- Provides the ability to extract hair follicles from other parts of the body (the beards, the chest, the back) although uptake from the occipital region of the scalp is always preferable.
Eyebrow restoration with the FUE TRANSPLANT method
Eyebrow restoration with hair follicle implantation concerns people suffering from congenital eyebrow deficiency, or want to cover scars from accidents or burns or even have excessive thinning of eyebrows from hair removal or due to age. Also just for aesthetic reasons one can wish a fuller and younger eyebrow…
Patients who prefer the method IT WAS fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Those who want to shave their head or have short hair up to 1cm.
- Those who want up 1200 cuttings
- Those who do not have sufficient elasticity in the scalp so that a strip can be taken
- Patients who have poor skin healing and create bad scars
- Patients who already have a scar in the donor area from a previous strip transplant application
- Those who consider FUE as the most modern technique
- Those who want to expand the potential of their donor area (combination FUE &STRIP)
- Those who are afraid of highly invasive hair transplant procedures
- Patients seeking the most painless transplant procedure
The complications of the technique IT WAS is:
The complications of hair implantation is more frequent in FUT – STRIP implantation, due to the more invasive nature of the technique.
In IT WAS implantation are minimal and include:
- Local bursitis in the recipient country (<0.3%) which is easily treated by applying antiseptic shampoo and antibiotic lotion for a week
- Swelling of the face, mainly of the forehead, which subsides 1 to 2 days (<1%) , is easily treated with small doses of cortisone
- "Shock loss" after implantation, which, however, is not a complication but is entirely to be expected. It is prevented by continuing to use minoxidil, which we generally recommend to continue its use for reasons of stabilization and inhibition of the development of androgenetic alopecia.
Duration of hair transplant surgery:
The hair transplant operation with the FUE technique takes several hours due to the special procedure of individual removal and placement of the hair follicles hair follicle-hair follicle with the special tool .
Return to normal activities:
After the hair transplant you are able to return to your activities in a short time. There are cases – always depending on the type of profession – that the return to work takes place even the day after the operation. The doctor informs individually and gives specific instructions & directions depending on the profession & the activities of each stakeholder.
Postoperative examination & instructions :
The hair transplant doctor will check with the donor & the recipient area and after providing you orally and in writing with the necessary postoperative instructions, you return home.
New hair growth:
New hair grows normally immediately after transplanting and into 3-5 months the first results begin to appear, which are completed after them 10 months. It is important to emphasize that usually a significant percentage (20%-80%) of transplant hair gradually fall out after surgery, but this phenomenon is considered completely normal since new hair grows in their place. The hair of the transplant grows like the rest of the hair and remains forever. They bathe, are being cut, combed, They are capable of any kind of hairdressing process and are no different from the rest of the hair