An alternative to liposuction uses a combination of it cryolipolysis and headphones- shock waves appear to be promising for reducing subcutaneous fat and cellulite, according to a recent study.
The combination therapy is called "Ice-Shock Lipolysis" and uses a combination of shock waves and cryolipolysis to reduce the perimeter of the treated areas. , curing both the local thickness ,as well as cellulite. The researchers in
in collaboration with the second University of Naples studied combination therapy in 50 patients. They found an average reduction in adipose tissue thickness after treatments greater than 3 cm, with average reduction 4,45 cm in the circumference-perimeter of the treated area.
The combination of shock waves, commonly used to treat musculoskeletal disorders and cryolipolysis which is a non-invasive method for the destruction of localized subcutaneous fat, caused programmed death and slow apoptosis and absorption of damaged fat cells.
"The results show that Ice-Shock lipolysis is a safe, effective and well-tolerated non-invasive procedure for body contouring,” the authors concluded. "Particularly, (we) believe that this could be an ideal alternative to liposuction for patients who need only small or moderate amounts of adipose tissue and cellulite for removal or are not suitable candidates for surgical approaches to body contour correction.”
The study was published in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
What are Shock Waves??
It is a non-invasive, bloodless new generation treatment preferred by an ever-increasing number of women to treat "cellulite", tightening the skin relaxation and achieving and enhancing fat dissolution, which is constantly gaining ground in medical aesthetics. It is also, for the application of the long-proven method of extracorporeal lithotripsy and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases in the field of physiotherapy and rehabilitation.
Three different principles of physics (electrohydraulic, electromagnetic and piezoelectric methods) used to convert a high voltage pulse into a shock wave which is then grouped and transmitted as sound waves. The sound waves we use in dermatology have a wider focus which means they carry lower energy levels to a larger target area..
How Shock Wave works ?
The application of the treatment is based on the creation of shock waves and their transmission to the tissues with controlled pressure and frequency.. Percussive ultrasound belongs to the category of high-frequency ultrasound with high power, enabling it to penetrate deep tissues in predetermined areas of the body..
It has special ultrasonic emission heads which have the appropriate size for the appropriate area where the treatment will be applied.
What are the indications??
Today in the field of medical aesthetics it is used successfully for treatment:
– Cellulite I. , Stage II and III
– Local Thickness
– Epidermal Relaxation
– Ribbons – "Stretch marks"
– edema and retention
-treatment of gums
– Improvement in the healing of chronic ulcers eg venous etiology in the lower extremities
– Complementary therapy after liposuction.
– Combination with cryolipolysis
– Combination with radio frequencies
– Combination with ultrasound
– Combination with lipolysis laser
– Heel thorns
– Plantar fasciitis
– Tennis player elbow (Epicodylitis of the Elbow)
– Shoulder pain (Lime maker Teontitis)
– Tendonitis of the Achilles Tendon
– Tibial Limb Syndrome
– Epigonitis Peak Syndrome
– Musculoskeletal Algae
What is the mechanism of action of treatment??
– Adipose tissue consists of groups of adipocytes separated by connective tissue septa.. Auditory cells break down the fibrous connective tissue that divides the fat and holds the skin on the surface of the muscle.. As a result the image of "orange peel" is eliminated) from the fixation of the skin by the septa of the fibrous tissue and to "normalize" the image of the fatty collection
– Reduces the volume of fat cells. Shock cells cause a transient increase in cell membrane permeability without causing cell death. They also activate phospholipases which are found in the membranes of fat cells and have a role in the breakdown of fat
– Improves blood microcirculation in the tissues, tissue oxygenation, transport of nutrients and increases the removal of toxic products of metabolism. Increased blood flow and high vasomotor activity stimulate lipolysis
– Promotes collagen synthesis and connective tissue reconstruction
– Improves lymphatic circulation and minimizes swelling and fluid retention
– Activates the process of cell regeneration
-Activates the healing of chronic ulcers with increased microcirculation and perspiration, suppression of the local inflammatory response, induction of cell proliferation, increased expression of cytokines such as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), TGF-β1 ( growth factor β1) and eNOS (endothelial nitric oxide synthetase)
What we achieve with the completion of the treatment?
– Reduce the appearance of orange peel,
– Improving the texture of the skin that becomes smoother, elastic and firm,
– Sculpting the contour of the body,
– Reduction of edema and retention
The transverse shock waves:
– They stimulate the epidermal fibers of the peripheral nerves, which activate the pain prevention mechanisms in the posterior horn of the spinal cord (Pain Gate Control Theory)
– They change the local environment of the cells, so as to attract substances that block the stimulus of pain.
– They stimulate the release of endorphins, that reduce local sensitivity to pain.
Where the treatment can be applied?
The scientific staff of derma science clinic personalizes the number of sessions according to the case of each individual. We have scientific application protocols based on clinical studies, so that the result meets the requirements of most.
Shock wave therapy or shock wave therapy is a bloodless, non-invasive treatment applied at the practice level with immediate and long-term results that have been confirmed by many scientific studies.
Shockwave and musculoskeletal disorders
The shock waves create micro-capillary ruptures in the affected area, which significantly increase the secretion of nutrients into the bloodstream and improve blood supply and oxygenation resulting in faster healing. They also stimulate the release of endorphins and have an effect on the central nervous system in order to block the feeling of pain.
In addition to analgesic action, purpose of Shockwave therapy(SWT) is the reversal of chronic inflammation to acute and its immediate treatment, from the body's automatic healing mechanisms as well as the release of pain trigger points (Trigger Points) which are the main cause of back pain, the neck, shoulders and limbs.
Shockwave therapy is very often used to treat chronic muscle disorders and tendons(epicondylitis, patellar-Achilles tendonitis, triggerpoints, plantar fasciitis etc.), but also in cases where surgical solution seems to be inevitable (frozen shoulder,heel spurs etc.)
Shockwave therapy can be described as "aggressive" and slightly painful. However, the fact that the duration of each session is approx 5-10 minutes, makes most patients able to tolerate it relatively pleasantly. Most patients will experience an immediate pain relief. However, into 2-4 hours after treatment, may experience some "superficial" pain in the treated area. This pain has been reported to be very tolerable and can last from a few hours to several days.. The sessions are held at intervals 3 with 5 days, depending on patient tolerance and tissue response and patients are advised to refrain from physical activity, especially those that will include the treated area, for 48 hours after each treatment session.