The main cause is chronic sun exposure, usually without protection.
What is Melasma?
Το µέλασµα (freckles) appears as "spots" on the skin, lighter or darker brown. Their size can range from a small dark spot, Up to a large discoloration that covers almost the entire face.
They appear more often on the forehead, in Psagoula, in Psyti, on the jaw and very often on the upper lip
Because the freckles are presented
The reasons for the appearance of these lesions are several:
- The main cause is chronic sun exposure, usually without protection.
- Pregnancy, changes in orion levels (estrogens, progesterone), clearly play a special role in the presence of discolorations.
- Delasia seems to have an inherited predisposition. A large percentage of patients report the occurrence of similar lesions in other members of the family.
- Taking medication also predisposes. Taking contraceptives is more often associated. Cortisone is still to blame, antiepileptic drugs, some antibiotics, isotretinoin etc..
- End, should indicate the causes of these lesions and the use of scented soaps and cosmetics that can also cause a type of phototoxic effect.
Which people do the panades prefer?
Women have the "misfortune" to show hair much more often than men.
A recent study states that one in four women and one in twenty men may develop these nasty spots..
The ages most commonly affected are between twenty and forty years old, without, of course, excluding younger or older ages.
The dark-skinned people of Mediterranean and Asian descent (leather phototype 3 and 4) are more vulnerable than the Anglo-Saxons, in which the disease is rare.
It is very important to know how deep a panada is. This is because this knowledge plays an important role in its treatment.
These lesions are classified into three types.
- Type 1: epidermal. The damage here is superficial, has clear boundaries, brown color and good response to treatment.
- Type 2: µικτός. The type of this type has an intermediate depth, dark brown color, not always clear boundaries and relative response to treatment.
- Type 3: δερµατικός. Here the damage has a greater depth, has vague boundaries, and the color is deep dark brown to black. This type is difficult to respond to treatment.
Delasia is a chronic lesion with periodic recessions and outbreaks. It usually gets worse during the summer. As the appearance of Delasia is slow, so treatment also seems to be delayed. The gradual disappearance of the spots is based on the right treatment regimen, different for each skin type.
Basic general rules
- Proper and meticulous sun protection. The use of a wide range of sunscreen with a high protection index, SPF 30 and above, she is necessary.
- Sunscreen should be applied to all exposed areas of the skin 20-30 minutes before sun exposure, for any reason leave your house. During the summer months, the sunscreen should be renewed approximately every two hours, if left unprotected in the sun.
- People with hair extensions can also use make-up and sunscreen.. A hat with a cornice increases the protection of the face from the sun.
- If it is possible, It is recommended to discontinue medicines related to Elasa.
- Beware of perfumed soaps and cosmetics that can potentially cause problems.
- Modern dermatology has in its hands three categories of treatment, where the doctor will choose the most suitable for each patient individually.
- In short, and without forgetting that "there are no diseases but patients", that is, everyone should be treated accordingly, will indicate the means of treatment.
The creams used in the treatment of dandruff are given by the dermatologist and are used at home..
Depending on the depth of the damage, Simple decolorizing creams or combination decolorizing preparations may be administered, which contain hydroquinone, tretinoin, azelaic and kojic acid, at specific concentrations.
Hydroquinone is a common substance in the treatment of dermatitis. Affects a specialized mechanism, inhibiting the production of delanin in the skin. It can be in the form of meat, lotion, jelly or liquid. Bleaching creams given without a prescription usually have low levels of this active substance.
Azelaic acid is also effective in treating psoriasis, without causing serious side effects. If redness occurs, itching or flaking, usually subsides within about fifteen days.
Tretinoin is another substance used to treat freckles., usually in combination with hydroquinone and azelaic acid. These combination meats are sometimes called triple meats.
Kojic acid is also considered one of the most active bleaches, without any particular side effects.
These preparations are used for a period of time determined by the doctor and usually for the most powerful meats avoid their use during the summer months., because they cause photosensitivity, that is, skin irritation.
Serums containing vitamin C, in cases of superficial limited freckles they also have a tingling effect and give a glow to the skin.
The use of these substances is prohibited during pregnancy and lactation.
Also keep in mind that in some cases of freckles due to pregnancy or related to borderline causes, They can leave on their own. For this reason, in these cases it is good to do a little patience.
Exfoliating treatments- Peeling
These treatments are done in the doctor's office and will require one or more sessions depending on the lesion. The peelings, for which salicylate is used, glycolic and trichloroacetic acid. The choice of substance will depend on the photocopy of the patient, that is, the color of its skin and the type of skin.
∆ερμοαπόξεση – DERMABRASION
In this case special machines are used, where depending on the damage again can cause micro- or extreme exfoliation. In dermabrasion, they achieve exfoliation and regeneration of the skin.
We must be aware, however, that the deeper the damage, the deeper and stronger the exfoliation and the greater the chance of irritation., redness, Peeling after treatment is great .
Various types of lasers such as fraxel, Alexandrite, Q-Switched Nd Yags have also been used in the treatment of psoriasis. Depending on the case, a different reaction and response has been observed. In most cases it is necessary to combine the treatment with whitening medicated creams which are also used as a preparation. , but also between laser sessions.
Edit this text with your custom content.